Favorite movie

Favorite movie
The thin man

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Time to play again!!! #19 web tools

Ooohhh, books, I found the first site that I'm going to look at. BRB with an update. The top 3 catagories: LibraryThing, already done that, have the site bookmarked. The Biblio site has possibilites when I'm looking for a book for myself or as a gift. And the Lulu site is not for me, as I have no manuscripts that I want to publish. Onto the next selection. I've found a possible! It keeps track of events for you and lets you know what's coming up in your area. I've been looking for something like this, I'll have to play with it a bit more to see if I actually like it.

The cocktail builder site is a hoot! I just typed in a few kinds of the alcohols that I have in my cupboard and it gave me a list of drinks. From the list o'drinks to make with vodka, I'm tempted to try "Adam and Eve" and "Kiss of an angel", and I'm not a big vodka fan - the taste is blahg to me. Apparently there's a drink called the "black cat" and all you need is tequila and amaretto (or another almond liqueur).

Under the games selection, "guess the google" was fun. You had to be a fast typer and a good guesser. I had seen and played something similiar at flickr only they used between 4 and 10 pictures. Something mindless that gets your brain moving. The plus side to this game is that it has a pause button, while the other one does not.

Some of the tools that I viewed might possibly work in a library setting, the problem would be to go through each tool and see which ones would not work (downloads needed, registrations, etc.) and not everybody has the time to go through all of those sites.

No comments: