Favorite movie

Favorite movie
The thin man

Friday, November 16, 2007

Technorati - popular blog...

Explore popular blog, searches and tags. Is anything interesting or surprising in your results?
Create a blog post about your discoveries on this site.

Well, my first question was "what makes a blog popular". I found the answer as soon as I clicked "Top Favored Blogs" tab. According to which popular blogs become listed as popular when "... measured by the number of people who have made them a Favorite.". And then you are given the option to start a favorites list.

Hmmm, I wonder if this means that first you would of had to have heard of Technorati to make a favorites list that they can then sift thru to see which blog was pinged the most. Or do they use other methods?

My next thought was what do they mean when they use the word authority, followed by numbers. Alas, no easy answers and I am not that curious about it.

I clicked around on the movies and news tabs to see what was on the lists. People link to a lot of new movies and some older ones. Not too mention some weird news articles. That's it for now, the day is over.

No comments: