Favorite movie

Favorite movie
The thin man

Friday, December 14, 2007

Thing #22 - LibriVox

Luckily it was easy to find the FAQ page. Because I had a question immediately about copyright and that stuff. I found my answer about half-way down the page. I had never paid attention to the information about "public domain". So I learned that "public domain" pertains to the literature whose copyright has expired - about everything printed before 1923.

So, a-browsing I went and found that they have Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, something that I will have to explore. What I did not find was an easy way to go from page 1 of the D's to page 2. After a little bit of playing around, I found that the "easy" way is to click on the next numbered page before the "..." and you're on the next page or 2 pages past what you wanted.

Because these are all public domain, there are a lot of the old classics listed - Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, Stephen Crane, and a whole lot more that I've never heard of. So it's a good option if you cannot find a copy of a certain book that you absolutely need for english class to know about this resource. It was also nice to see that there are some readings in foreign languages, a nice way to get better at listening and hopefully speaking in French.

No comments: